Since January 2021, all UK drivers are required to carry a green card when travelling in the EU. This is an international certificate of insurance. 
Whether you’re planning on motoring through the European Union on a short break or an extended trip beyond Europe, a green card documents proof that you have adequate insurance cover for the country you are driving in. 
This includes: EU, the European Economic Area (EEA), Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Switzerland. As well as non-European countries including Morocco, Russia and Turkey. 
Share this post:


Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings