What is unoccupied property insurance and who needs it? 
There are many reasons you may need to leave your property unoccupied. It could be that you’ve been renting it out, but it’s currently vacant, or that it's undergoing renovations, you're rebuilding, trying to sell after a bereavement, or, you may just want to sell the property whilst moving into another recent purchase. 
Whatever the circumstances, if you’re not at home for an extended period, unoccupied properties are easy targets for thieves. They can also be affected by storm damage and flooding. When left, empty properties can create a variety of costly issues. 
Insurance for unoccupied property can give peace of mind to know that you’ve got the right insurance, while you’re not there to keep an eye on it. 
Typically insurance cover will include: 
Holiday homes and rented properties 
Furnished and unfurnished properties 
Protection against fire, flood, storm damage and subsidence, etc. 
Loss of rent 
Alternative accommodation 
If you own a property that is unoccupied it is important to have the correct type of insurance cover, as most insurers will not cover you if the home has been unoccupied for more than 30 days. 
Whether you require short term or annual cover, our panel of insurers can offer bespoke policies, to help you get the right level of protection. 
If you have any questions about unoccupied property insurance, please give our team a call on 01482 707800. 
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings