As the nights draw out, it won’t be long before you can get outside to enjoy the garden. 
The value of gardening equipment, plants, pots and garden furniture as well as the contents of your garage or shed, can add up to thousands of pounds. Not to mention the time you have spent making your outdoor space into a valuable extension of the home. Therefore, it is important to know what your household insurance will cover in the garden, in addition to the property. 
A good household insurance policy will provide cover for garages, sheds, contents in outbuildings and contents in the garden, for perils such as: fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake, theft, attempted theft and malicious damage. 
The structure of your garage or shed is covered under the buildings section of a policy. However, typical policy exclusions which apply to building insurance are: loss or damage caused by flood and storm to fences, gates and hedges. 
Items in your garden, garage, shed or outbuilding are covered under the contents section of a policy and usually have restricted limits for the amount you may be able to claim, depending on your policy. For example: contents in the garden limit £1,000 or contents in the outbuildings limit £2,000. 
If you are unsure about particular items in your garden and outdoor spaces, please call our team on 01482 707800. 
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings